Words of Wisdom from a Commuter
BART is one of the most convenient ways to commute into San Francisco. I would like to make your trip just a little easier by giving you some pointers. Some of these tips are directly aimed at Dublin/Pleasanton station users who park on the Pleasanton side, eg... the parking tips.
- Arrive before
7:30 7:00 AM Monday-Friday if you wish parking. Don't bother *looking* for close parking, just go to the back right away and be glad you got a spot. In addition, if you can, arrive at 10 AM there is a lot right up by the station that you can park in :)
- Make sure your ticket already has enough on it before you arrive. Lines at the machines can be brutal in the morning, not to mention the 10 people in front of you who will be using BART for the first time and have no idea how to use the machine!
- When boarding train, look for the most recently refurbished car:
- The trains with blue seats, brighter lights than most trains, and cameras on the ceiling are the most recently refurbished trains and have better air conditioning and comfort than other trains.
- The trains with blue seating and *no* cameras on the ceiling are the second most comfortable, but the air doesn't seem to be as good
- The trains with brown seats are the most uncomfortable and have *very bad* air conditioning. Avoid these trains at all costs!
- www.bart.gov is your friend... read it, learn it, live it!
The map on the right is *my* map of the BART stations in SF... I hope it is helpful to you. The map on the left was nicked from bart.gov.
If you have any suggestions for me, please send me an e-mail.
Take me to billzhouse